Latest posts by Jake Wilson (see all)
- Enderal – Skyrim Mod – Review - September 12, 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider – Review - August 23, 2016
- Simone Bernacchia – Amiga Homebrew Composer Interview - August 22, 2016
Square Enix at their E3 conference today, revealed a new gameplay trailer for their long-awaited game Kingdom Hearts III…but not before showing the audience a special video message from Disney’s Greg Coleman (Vice President of Worldwide Marketing) and Roy Connelly (producer of various Disney films) They proclaimed their excitement that Square Enix would be bringing Tangled into the world of Kingdom Hearts, most probably in the form of a new, explorable world. Unfortunately, no footage of the new world was shown off to the E3 audience.
Here are a few things to note from the trailer itself:
- UI remains similar to Kingdom Hearts II. The HP, MP, drive/ex gauges are all still there.
- Donald and Goofy were the only companions shown in the trailer but ‘summon’ type magic was used involving Pegasus, (Hercules) a pirate ship, (Peter Pan?) giant teacups. (Alice In Wonderland?)
- Sora uses a move similar to the first person mode in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep in which he shoots many projectiles followed by a homing ‘finishing move.’
- Sora has some new platforming abilities, some of which may have carried over from Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, he can be seen jumping off/running up walls and skipping across columns.
- Returning worlds shown off in the trailer included Twilight Town and Olympus Coliseum.
- The two people playing chess and talking in the trailer are most likely younger incarnations of Master Xehanort and Master Eraqus from Birth By Sleep, judging by their hair and clothing.
- A fair few new Heartless types were shown off too.
Did you spot anything else in the trailer? Let us know in the comments below!