Latest posts by Kyle Wallace (see all)
- UN Attempts To Mandate Japanese Culture - February 13, 2016
- Gal Gun To Get English Release In 2016 - January 21, 2016
- Final Fantasy IX PC Release Coming Soon! (also mobile) - December 31, 2015
Gal Gun Double Peace is a game very different from the normal railgun shooter you may be used to. Pulling away from your House of the Dead zombie affair, or a similar Time Crisis force of terrorists and mercenaries, Gal*Gun: Double Peace instead has you, the protagonist, tread carefully through a very brightly coloured Japanese high school. “Now, why is that?” I hear you ask. Why, to fend off your fellow amorous female schoolmates, of course! After getting shot by Cupid’s Arrow, they simply can’t resist you!
In order to survive, you’ll have to dodge and block their many confession-filled love letters and kisses, leading to you finding your true love by the end of the day! Well, that or you’ll be having a very bad time indeed. You, being the well-equipped and adjusted protagonist that you are, are fitted with a “Pheromone Shot” to help keep yourself free of the advancing students and teachers. While it may play similarly to other railguns you may be familiar with, I’ll have to vouch that, stylistically, it couldn’t be more different.
The 4GamerMovie channel shows off 9 minutes of gameplay below
Adding to the absolute adorableness, there’ll be a lot for you to do, with great replayability values and score attack modes (including even a ‘Doki Doki’ Mode), there’ll surely be a lot for you to completely weeb over for this new PlayStation 4/Vita release. Oh yes, this game will make a superb addition to the seemingly scarce railgun shooter genre.
To say ‘by popular demand’ would be a MASSIVE understatement! PQube and Inti Creates are not just pleased, but ECSTATIC to announce that hyper-moé shooter Gal*Gun: Double Peace will be assaulting your senses on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in both Europe and North America in 2016.
When Hodai, the portrait of an uninteresting normal student, is shot by a cupid angel named Ekoro, he becomes immensely popular – in the blink of an eye every girl at the academy becomes insanely hot for him.
But being irresistible to the ladies is hardly a dream come true. Every love letter, shout of adulation or advancing kisses will drain his energy. He has to stay strong – because if Hodai doesn’t find his one true love by the end of the day, he will become cursed and destined to be forever alone.
Fend off the other girls by using Hodai’s ‘pheromone shot’, a power granted to him by Ekoro that sends the advancing hordes of girls into fits of ecstasy! Only by keeping them at bay can he find his true love and confess to her.
Brace yourselves, people! Soon you will feel the true power of Gal*Gun! ^_^
– Gorgeous anime-styled rail-shooter action. Use your targeting cursor to fend off the advancing girls!
– Story Mode: Play through the story and see if you can successfully confess your feelings to the girl of your dreams.
– Score Attack: Play specific levels to achieve the highest scores.
– Collection: Take a look at your achievements, image gallery and information on all the lovely ladies at the Academy!
– Choose your own love interest. Your choices will change the story and the path you take throughout the game.
– Doki-Doki Mode: This is for when it’s time to break out the big guns! Turn the girls’ happiness up to 11 with this heart-throbbing technique as you aim for the coveted ‘Double Peace’v result! Their outpouring of love even has a ‘bomb’ effect which clears the screen of oncoming girls!
– Closet: Change what the girls are wearing in-game. Different outfits and costumes can be applied to various characters as you see fit. New costume DLC can be also be purchased.
– There are 450 underwear designs to discover!
Thankfully, Inti Creates have managed to get their publisher for the English release of Gal*Gun: Double Peace, with PQube handling it. PQube are also responsible for the releases of Steins;Gate and BlazBlue Chronophantasma Extend back in the old, old times of 2015.